CravingChaos

"give room for the sunshine that has been blocked by the sadness you choose to let consume you completely."

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Death=Endings

I believe in a life after DEATH. But that still means there has to be an END to this life.

Last week-
I was still playing football

Last week-
I knew this would be my LAST season
I knew that it would all come to an END
I was not afraid
I was ready for a BREAK anyway

Last week-
I didn't think that this BREAK could be an END
I didn't know it really could END
I didn't even know what ELSE there is

Last week-
I didn't know it would HURT this bad
I thought I would enjoy some time OFF
Now, I want it all BACK

It didn't hit me that I would NEVER play high school football again until that FINAL whistle.

I think I now understand the CONCEPT of DEATH a little better 

Football is all I do
But everything has an end

I've lived the same practice schedule life since 4th grade.
But everything has an end

I'm NOT a crier.
But everything has an end

I thought football would LAST forever.
But everything has an end


A life full of endings is a life full of deaths,

I am just grateful to know that there is a life after this death.




2 comments:

  1. I thought football would LAST forever.
    But everything has an end

    There are a lot of things I thought would last forever.

    A lot of people.

    But you're right. Everything has an end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But everything has an end

    Love how you repeated that line. Senior year has too many endings.

    ReplyDelete