CravingChaos

"give room for the sunshine that has been blocked by the sadness you choose to let consume you completely."

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Appreciate

I lay here in my backyard. 
Observing.
Trees over my head. Dark green, yellow, light green, and dark green leaved trees.
It's rare that I take a chance to lie down and relax, just enjoy what's around me.

I rarely take the time to look around myself and be grateful for what I have.

Life is so beautiful when you take the time to acknowledge all that we have been given.

I take a second to listen... Birds are chirping, leaves are rustling in the wind, the neighbors lawn mower is running, and I hear some kids playing next door, screaming and laughing like they do, then I hear something else....
I can faintly hear a piano tune being played... It's a happy tune. Not something I would dance to but something that would put a smile on my face as I fell asleep. 

I realize the song is being played from inside my house... I get up and look through the window.


It's me.

I see myself playing the piano.

Man I need to keep practicing...


I watch myself slowly disappear as the happy tune turned into a sad tune that needs practice.



I realize that I can appreciate just about anything, but my own talents.
I walk inside and sit down in front of the carnivorus piano.

This time it's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment